Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Two weeks left........

     In two weeks I will be down the mountain......in some respects, I'm a little homesick, in others, it's so easy to be here.   Some good friends left this week and it (as always) was hard to say good bye.   There are more people coming into the village that I knew from last year and it's fun to see them!   I have a feeling there are certain times that "regulars" come to Holden and I will see more familiar faces!.

     Tonight, I was asked to do the prayer for the staff meeting.  Just a little scary!  People are so smart and talented here.  I didn't want to sound dumb!   I may have talked a little fast but I think it was ok!  The kids are sweet and people are amazingly kind!  How do we help others in our lives be more accepting and how do I continue to do things for the right reasons.   It is always best to work with a sense of joy and giving.  Unfortunately, that can slip away and make us feel bad about how we're doing and create negativity!   Simply stated, keep at it and keep growing personally and spiritually!  It can be done!

      Life at Holden is busy and tiring!  I have been fortunate enough to get the Holden Crud again and it's put me in a bit of a bad mood!  I hope it goes away fast!  Colds are not in my plans this week!  The children are so cute and amazing!  Behavior issues are minimal and it's fun to play, make friendship bracelets, read to them, and simply get to know them!  Play and creative imaginations are abundant here and of course the ever present Holden Hilarity......makes everyone smile.... a lot!

      If your reading this...peace.I hope you are staying cool!  It is in the low 60's or so in the evening with no humidity.  Day times get hot!  There have been two fires put out in the past two days, which is a huge danger.   Holden's remote location and the very dry environment make this area a high danger zone for  forest fires.   Hopefully, that was just a freak thing!   Take care!

Karen

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're doing great Karen! You will truly be "refreshed" when you come down the mountain. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete