Saturday, July 10, 2010

July 5-9, 2010

     I have finished an entire week at Holden Village and continue to learn, love, and smile here.  Learning to accept change is so difficult and it has been a completely different experience so far.   I was not expecting such a big difference and have had to adjust my frame of mind!  Last year, I got to play clarinet or flute at Vespers almost every evening.  This year, I'll accompany the choir on Sunday pm and that will be the first time I have the opportunity to play.  There are many wonderful musicians here and no one seems to know who does what and so I'm learning patience and acceptance.   I think there are a group of people that come to Holden on the week of the 4th and are faithful as a group.  The village musician doesn't utilize others in the same way they did last year and it will change in a week.......such excellent practice for me!  I have practiced several times!  YAY!

      Narnia is evolving.   Ruth is trying to figure out her role and I think things are settling down just a bit.  The first few days are all about figuring out how my strengths will fit in to the program and how I can compensate for my weaknesses.   My knees have not adjusted well and I'm hoping it is a short problem because it makes getting up and down hills very frustrating.   The kids are seriously adorable!  A little girl named Savannah has become my buddy and has helped me collect ice cream $$ the past two nights.  (she's 3)  Most likely because I fixed her boo-boo.   I am being used as a floater right now and while I help plan things, I also am not "in charge" of the full day.  This is great for me!  Some of our activities this week have been:
Holden Charades
Holden Idol
Water Day
Music at Vespers

It's been fun and these kids seriously make me smile-even if I have to remind them to do the right thing!  Here's a couple pictures!

I'll have to add more later-pictures simply don't want to upload right now!

Peace,

Karen

1 comment:

  1. Patience - a true virtue, and one that doesn't always come easily! A new year, new people, new experiences... and learning opportunities galore, I'm sure!!!

    Take good care of you!

    ReplyDelete